Jamie McMurray exploded onto the NASCAR scene when, in 2002, he scored a win in his second-career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series start while substituting for the injured Sterling Marlin. The former world karting champion worked his way up through the NASCAR Truck Series and the NASCAR XFINITY Series before signing with Chip Ganassi Racing, where he ran his first full season of Cup Series action in 2003 en route to being named the series’ Rookie of the Year. He joined Roush-Fenway Racing in 2006 and established himself as one of the top drivers in the Ford Racing stable, scoring two of his biggest career Sprint Cup wins at the famous superspeedways of Daytona and Talladega. For 2010, Jamie returned to race for Chip Ganassi Racing in the No. 1 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet and continued his winning ways in his first race at the Daytona 500 and later took the prestigious Brickyard 400 for a sweep of NASCAR’s two biggest events of the season. Jamie continued his propensity for big wins with yet another at the 2014 All-Star Race at Charlotte. Jamie is a threat for the pole and race win every time he gets behind the wheel and is widely considered one of the most adept at racing the superspeedways.
- 500th Cup series start at Richmond International Raceway (9/10/2016)
- 2015, 2016 Chase for the Sprint Cup contender
- 2015 Rolex 24 at Daytona winner
- Only 3rd driver to win Daytona 500 and Rolex 24
- 2014 Sprint All-Star Race winner
- 2010 Daytona 500 winner
- 2010 Brickyard 400 winner
- 7 career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories
- 11 career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series poles
- Over 130 career NASCAR Sprint Cup top-ten finishes
- 2003 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year
- Quickest winner in NASCAR History – 2nd career start
- 8 career NASCAR Nationwide Series victories
- 3 career NASCAR Nationwide Series poles
- 68 career NASCAR Nationwide Series top-ten finishes
- 1 career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series victory
- 3 career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series poles
>> Click for career highlights timeline.
>> Click for career NASCAR stats.
Born June 3, 1976…raised in Joplin, Mo…resides on Lake Norman in Mooresville, N.C. with wife Christy, their son, daughter, and their dog Chloe…has hosted several special events for the Jamie McMurray Foundation, which has donated over $200,000 to Autism Speaks and other autism research charities.…as former standout in the karting world, participates in select karting races across the nation…focuses on his fitness and nutrition…enjoys fishing and the outdoors with his dog Jake.
From where we were a while back, people had Jamie written off, people had us written off. He couldn’t have come back a better person. We had grown as a team and he had grown as a driver. We picked up where we left off, I think. And I’m really happy about that.” — Chip Ganassi, following 2010 Brickyard 400 win
Fox Sports (1/25/2015) – McMurray joins elite company with Daytona 24 Hours win
USA Today (5/18/2014)- Jamie McMurray wins All-Star Race, bags $1M
Washington Times (10/20/2013)- Jamie McMurray takes Talladega for first Sprint Cup win in three years
Mankind Unplugged (2/23/2012) – Interview with Jamie McMurray
Charlotte Parent (2/1/2012) – NASCAR Dads: Jamie McMurray’s No. 1 Team
ESPN.com (6/3/2011) – Jamie McMurray relives Joplin fury
ESPN.com (2/20/2010) – McMurray’s Daytona win was life-changing