Considered one of the all-time greatest late model drivers in the Virginias and Carolinas, Denny Hamlin is a bona fide superstar in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. The 2006 Cup Series Rookie of the Year became the first rookie to ever qualify for the Chase for the Sprint Cup and has qualified for the Chase in each season he’s been racing NASCAR’s most elite level. The longest-tenured driver at Joe Gibbs Racing, Hamlin first piloted his No. 11 FedEx-sponsored car to victory in the 2006 Budweiser Shootout at Daytona and amassed two wins during his rookie season and continues to be a race win contender at every stop on the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series circuit. In fact, Denny recorded a season-high eight race wins in 2010 to nearly capture the 2010 series title. Denny is highly regarded by his peers and the media, who consider him a top contender each year to win the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series championship. In 2016, Denny fulfilled his childhood dream of winning the Daytona 500, and concluded the season with three wins and a sixth place finish in the Chase.
- 2016 Daytona 500 winner
- 2016 Sprint Unlimited at Daytona winner
- 2015 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race winner
- 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Runner-Up with 8 wins
- Nine-time Chase for the Sprint Cup qualifier (2006-’12, ’14-15)
- 26 career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victories (8 wins in 2010)
- 23 career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series poles
- 2014 Sprint Unlimited at Daytona winner
- 2014 Budweiser Duel at Daytona winner
- 2008 Gatorade Duel at Daytona winner
- First rookie in NASCAR history to qualify for Chase
- 2006 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year
- 2006 Budweiser Shootout winner as Rookie
- 14 career NASCAR Nationwide Series victories
- 20 career NASCAR Nationwide Series poles
>> Click for career highlights timeline with photos.
>> Click for career NASCAR stats.
Born November 18, 1980 in Tampa, Fla…raised in Chesterfield, Virginia and resides in Cornelius, N.C….enjoys spending time with family, friends, and following Washington Redskins (NFL), Virginia Tech football (NCAA), and Charlotte Hornets (NBA)…hobbies include golf, basketball, boating, traveling, skiing, playing cards, and competing in online racing leagues…runs the Denny Hamlin Foundation.
Denny Hamlin is a high-octane blend of old school grit and cutting-edge cool.” — Sports Illustrated
NASCAR.com (2/21/16)-Denny Hamlin wins thrilling Daytona 500
Richmond Times Dispatch (4/24/14)-Bowling wins Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown
Sporting News (10/26/13)-Denny Hamlin vows to be force at Martinsville after returning from injury
USA Today (3/5/2012) – Denny Hamlin back on track with Phoenix win
Athletes Quarterly (Summer 2011) – NASCAR’s rising star
Sports Illustrated (2/10/2010) – Party hard and race harder
For FedEx Racing videos, click here.